Scott is the third member of our team to receive the Silver Medal Award, the American Advertising Federation of Toledo's highest honor. Watch the humorous presentation video and read more about his qualifications here.
An integral member of our team since 1993, Scott is an award-winning copywriter with a talent for simplifying brand messages and developing humorous content. He’s also a skilled voiceover professional, as well as a video and audio producer / director.
Through the MadAveGroup blog, Scott reinforces our agency’s perspective and shares sound marketing and customer experience principles. When speaking to audiences, he focuses on branding, content creation, using humor in marketing content, and exploring the question “who cares?”
Scott has judged several Addy Award competitions. He sits on the Telly Awards Judging Council and Bowling Green State University's Advertising Industry Advisory Board.
Forbes Agency Council
Scott is a member of the Forbes Agency Council, an invitation-only organization for senior-level executives in successful public relations, media strategy, creative and advertising agencies.
Forbes.com published his article, Highlight Your Humanity to Help Your Brand Stand Out, and he's contributed to these articles on the Forbes website:
- 13 Critical Things to Do Before Sending Any Marketing Email
- 13 Ways for a Company to Create and Cultivate a Strong Brand Voice
- 15 Excellent Ways to Surprise and Delight Customers
- 16 Simple Website Changes That Can Make a Brand More Appealing
- 15 Ways to Make Ads More ‘Local’ When Serving a Large Market
- Marketing Budget Surplus? 15 Smart Ways for Agencies to Use It
- 12 Excellent Team-Building Activities for the Summer
- 14 Big Mistakes to Avoid When Creating a Press Release
- 13 Website Design Principles Any Business Should Keep in Mind
- Defining What Makes a Business Unique: The Secret Sauce of Successful Marketing
- 15 Tips to Help Businesses Create Engaging Videos
- 11 Tips for Responding to Negative Online Reviews
- 12 Simple Website Changes That Can Boost Your Brand Appeal
- 15 Ways to Ensure Your Agency's Creative Juices Keep Flowing
- 8 Tips for Creating a Non-Promotional Branded Podcast
- Turn Praise Into Power: How to Make the Most of Your Company's Accolades
- 15 Culture Perks to Boost Team Productivity During the Summer
- 15 Ways to Publicize Good Company News Without Being Boastful
- 13 Content Marketing Strategies to Differentiate Your Brand
- 16 Ways to Repurpose Your Content for Maximum Engagement
- 15 Best Practices for Your New Company Blog
- 13 Questions to Ask Yourself Before You Start Rebranding
- 8 Questions to Ask Yourself Before Starting a Podcast
- The Write Stuff: 16 Agency Pros Share Their Best Piece of Writing Advice
- Ending Confusion: 15 Ways You Can Improve Internal Communications
- 12 Critical Attributes You Should Seek When Hiring
- 15 Things to Keep in Mind When Designing Your Marketing Plan for the Holidays
- How to Be Authentic and Turn Around Your Brand in the Face of Crisis
- 15 Underappreciated Skills To Look For In Young Hires
- Want to Use 360-Degree Photo and Video? 11 Things to Consider
Read Scott's insight in the article "3 Tips to Improve Internal Communications" published by Lousiana Technology Park.
Thoughts About Scott
"You're one of Forbes Agency Council's most prolific Expert Panel contributors." - Hannah Johnson, Community Manager / Forbes Councils
"Still enjoy your blog posts. Some of the best leadership [information] I have read. I am just glad I don't have to pay royalties every time I have used one of your thoughts in a meeting." - Mike Brice, Digital Marketer
“May I have your permission to send your blog post to a few of our top business customers? We are a small community bank in North Carolina and I would like to share your message with them. Thanks so much!” - KS Bank, Inc.
"Hi, Scott - I have absolutely loved reading your blog over the years and your always-upbeat, insightful messages. I have learned so much from your content and your writing style." - Ellen Pizza / Commerce Paper
“I am hard pressed to challenge any of [these ideas] based on your reputation and experience. I think it’s great.” - Joanna Hunter / Kingston Healthcare
“Thank you for your participation in our Networking Fair. I could listen to you speak all day.” - Denise Grupp-Verbon, Fine & Performing Arts / Owens Community College
“I really enjoy your blog posts. Good information.” - Sue Shepich, Marketing Director / Marshall Music